Add-On Price: $35
Compazine, also known as prochlorperazine, is a medication that belongs to the class of phenothiazine antipsychotics. It works by blocking dopamine receptors in the brain, which can help to reduce symptoms of psychosis, anxiety, and nausea.
In addition to its antipsychotic properties, Compazine is also commonly used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery, as well as migraine headaches. It is available in several forms, including oral tablets, suppositories, and injectable solutions for intravenous (IV) or intramuscular (IM) administration.
Benefits for Users:
- Effective relief of nausea and vomiting symptoms
- Rapid onset of action due to the intravenous delivery route
- Potential to provide more consistent and controlled dosing compared to oral administration
- Can be used in patients who are unable to tolerate or absorb oral medications
- Individuals experiencing nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy, surgery, or other medical conditions
- Patients with migraines or headaches
- Individuals with anxiety or psychotic disorders
- Patients with severe nausea and vomiting associated with gastroenteritis or other gastrointestinal disorders