Add-on Price: $25
Zofran is a brand name for the drug ondansetron, which is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting. It belongs to a class of medications called serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists, which work by blocking the action of a chemical called serotonin in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Zofran is commonly used in cancer patients (though is great for all kinds of nausea) who are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy, as these treatments can often cause nausea and vomiting as a side effect.
Benefits For Users
- Prevention or reduction of nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery
- Improved quality of life for individuals undergoing cancer treatment or surgery
- Reduced need for additional medications to control nausea and vomiting
- Better ability to tolerate chemotherapy and other cancer treatments.
- Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Individuals undergoing surgery, especially those receiving general anesthesia
- Patients with severe nausea or vomiting due to other medical conditions
- Pregnant women experiencing morning sickness, although other treatments may be preferred in this population.